What’s new with Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud 17.02 (February 2017) update?
Every month, Oracle update their Planning and Budgeting solution on the Cloud. In case you are not familiar with the process, the test environment is updated the first Friday of the month and if no issue is reported, Production is updated 2 weeks later. Needless to say that administrators better check that everything is fine in the test environment after the update is published and also make sure that they have their environments in sync.
Oracle is keeping an eye on the systems as well, the December update was postponed to January because of an undocumented feature (a bug) found after they updated the Test environment.
You can find the full list of new features here, in this post, I will concentrate on only a few items.
Business Rules Options have been updated
A lot of new Planning users must have been confused with the old terminology regarding Business Rules execution, so Oracle updated it for more clarity:
- Run on Load is now labeled Run Before Load
- Run on Save is now labeled Run After Save
Don’t be confused if you’re an old timer!
You can import Snapshots with EPM Automate
Oracle continues to improve EPM Automate, the tool used to automate tasks for PBCS, EPBCS, and FCCS. They added a new command: importsnapshot
It kind of replaces the EPMA batch utility.
New SmartView version
SmartView 184.108.40.206.620 is here for your enjoyment. I will report here if I find something worth mentioning.
You can download the latest version of SmartView with this link.
I am not going through the entire list but I experienced a couple of defects and it is always nice to see them resolved.
- You are now able to run business rules even if the member name contains a quotation mark.
- If you have the appropriate privileges, you are now able to modify an entity in the Member Selector in Smart View.
- When you press ESC to exit a data form that was accessed via a Task List, your unsaved data is no longer lost.
- You no longer receive validation errors for the Simplified Currency Script in the batch currconversion rule. You must create a new batch script after upgrade. This one baffled me.