Why The Hyperion Doctor?
Welcome to my blog!
This is not a post about why a blog (you can find an answer here) but a post about why someone would name his blog The Hyperion Doctor?
There are many reasons, so pick the one you prefer:
- On my first project with TopDown, the client and I were sharing a lot of knowledge, we also had a lot of fun together and part of our thing was to call us ‘doctors’ (Dr T, Dr J), we even ended up presenting at Kscope in 2012 with Dr T.
- When I was a kid, Bugs Bunny was definitely my favorite character and his motto: “What’s up Doc?” became a natural reflex for me.
- My father and my brother are both brilliant Doctors and I know it pleases my mother to have another son that we call Doctor
- Whenever I see a situation, I try to analyze it first and then deliver a solution. Start by understanding the problem at the root, figure out why, why not, how, and when before taking action. There can be ripple effects but also shortcuts and simplifications you can find only with this approach.
- And last but defintely not least, as Dr Soebel once said, the people who know me the best call me the f… doctor. Maybe there is a little bit of Dr Soebel in me